Five Simple Ways to Shrink Your Summer Energy Bills
- 1. Set your thermostat at 78 degrees - For every degree you increase your thermostat you save about 5 percent on monthly cooling costs.
2. Use a dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air - Less humidity makes you feel cooler and your air conditioner won't have to work so hard.
3. Cooking creates an enormous amount of heat - When you can, cook on an outdoor grill or prepare meals that don't require cooking. Or, go out to eat at all of the great options in Hyde Park!!
4. Close the blinds - Shutting your blinds and shades during the hottest part of the day will help keep the sun's rays from heating your house.
5. Use ceiling or portable fans - They will supplement your AC in occupied rooms. And remember, ceiling fans cool you, not the room.
Have a great weekend! And stay cool!
Your McKinley Hyde Park Team