Are you looking for a new career? McKinley is launching a Maintenance Apprenticeship Program in April 2018! You have the opportunity to train and become an Apartment Maintenance Tech! This program may be a great fit for you if you enjoy working with your hands, providing great customer service, and you thrive on having a variety of work!
You do not need maintenance experience to take advantage of this program. We are excited to teach you, provide mentorship and grow your career!
Why should I become a Maintenance Technician with McKinley?
- There are excellent opportunities for advancement. This position can grow into a Maintenance Tech II, Senior Maintenance Tech and leadership as a Maintenance Supervisor!
- This position starts out at $13.50 per hour with room to move up. Our Maintenance Technicians can earn up to $22 per hour. As a Supervisor, you could have an earning potential of over $60,000 annually!
- You are eligible for additional bonuses ($200 per week) for working on-call shifts.
- Maintenance Technicians are full time and are eligible for a variety of benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, paid holidays and apartment discounts.
- McKinley provides tuition reimbursement for related courses to further your knowledge and skills
- This is a stable position! This position will provide you with full time hours all year.
What would the day to day job entail?
- It will be your job to provide fast, friendly, and high quality maintenance service for our residents.
- Your day will start by walking the property to ensure the grounds are tidy and clean. We take pride in our communities looking great!
- In the winter, you will be responsible for assisting with snow and ice removal to keep our community roads and sidewalks safe and passable for our residents all winter long.
- You will be responsible for completing work orders in our community and residents’ homes. This means diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, drywall repair and appliance maintenance.
- Prepare vacant apartments for our next resident by carefully inspecting, evaluating, and making any necessary repairs.
What is the training like?
- You will be training for 3 weeks at one of our apartment communities starting April 16th. This will be classroom training with the opportunity to practice learn things hands on.
- You’ll get a crash course on the installation and repair of electrical, plumbing and carpentry related items.
- Training also includes an overview of OSHA safety regulations and property management basics.
- Your training time is paid at your full hourly rate!
- After training, you’ll be able to work alongside our experienced Maintenance Supervisors and Senior Technicians. They’ll be able to help coach and guide your further training.
What do I need to get started?
- This position requires you to hold a valid Driver’s License and have reliable transportation. You will be driving your personal vehicle around the apartment community.
- You must be willing to work rotating on call for after hour emergencies. You must live within 30 minutes of the Ann Arbor area. On call expectations include weekends and holidays.
Join us at Glencoe Hills Apartment to find out more at an information session!
Glencoe Hills: 2201 Glencoe Hills Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Feb 26th from 10 am - 12 pm
March 7th from 12 pm - 2 pm
March 12th from 2 pm - 4 pm
McKinley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment in all locations. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.