It is always important to be reminded of helpful safety tips to keep you and your family protected at all times. We urge you to report ANY suspicious activity, such as people walking or driving up and down the property, checking for unlocked doors or looking in windows and vehicles.
The most important thing you can do is call the police to report a crime or any suspicious activity. You are the eyes of our community!
Residential Safety Tips:
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house and after you get home. Even if it is only for a short time, lock your doors!
- Leave lights on when you go out or utilize light timers to make your home look occupied when you are away
- Close all blinds and curtains when you leave your home.
- If you are going to be away for a length of time, ensure that no packages will be delivered in your absence that might indicate you are away and be wary of posting your whereabouts on social media until you return home.
- Never leave keys under doormats, flowerpots, mailboxes or other "secret" hiding places.
- If you do not have renters insurance, we would recommend looking into a policy to protect you and your valuables. This also covers you in the event of a fire, flood or theft!
- Make a photographic or video record of valuable objects, heirlooms and antiques. Your insurance company can provide assistance in making and keeping your inventory of your valuable possessions, including a description of the items, date of purchase and original value.
- Be a good neighbor! If you notice anything suspicious in your building/community, call 911 immediately.
We thank you for your cooperation. Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call the office at (813) 514-6800 or stop by and visit us in The Palma Ceia leasing office and we will be happy to assist you!