Good Afternoon Harper Flats Residents,
It's always important to be reminded of helpful safety tips to keep you and your family protected. Please be sure you take the time to read through the following safety reminders. I encourage you to make sure all your doors and windows remain locked at all times. Residents are urged to report suspicious activity, such as people walking or driving up and down the street, checking for unlocked doors, or looking in windows, backyards or vehicles.
Residential Safety Tips:
- Make your home look occupied and difficult to break into.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed, even if it is only for a short time, lock your doors.
- Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off during the day.
- Never leave keys under doormats, flowerpots, mailboxes or other "secret" hiding places.
- Keep a detailed inventory of your valuable possessions, including a description of the items, date of purchase and original value. Make a photographic or video record of valuable objects, heirlooms and antiques. Your insurance company can provide assistance in making and keeping your inventory.
- Be a good neighbor. If you notice anything suspicious in your building/community, call 911 immediately.
The most important thing you can do is call the police to report a crime or any suspicious activity. You are the eyes of your community. If you ever witness an outsider using our community amenities, especially during evening hours, contact the police. Remember, during an emergency you should always call 911.
Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call us at 813-515-5925 or visit us at the Leasing Office.
The Harper Flats Management Team