Good morning all Pines and Studio Parc residents,
I hope you are all doing well!
We wanted to let you all know that we became aware of a crime that apparently occurred late last night and early this morning in the immediate area. While the crime did not occur on either of our properties, we wanted to take this opportunity to provide a safety announcement to you.
It is always important to be reminded of helpful safety tips to keep you and your family protected at all times. We urge you to report ANY suspicious activity, such as people walking or driving up and down the property, checking for unlocked doors or looking in windows and vehicles.
The most important thing you can do is call the police to report a crime or any suspicious activity. You are the eyes of our community!
Residential Safety Tips:
- Make your home look occupied and difficult to break into.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is only for a short time, lock your doors!
- Leave lights on when you go out.
- Close all blinds and curtains when you leave your home.
- If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off during the day.
- Never leave keys under doormats, flowerpots, mailboxes or other "secret" hiding places.
- Keep a detailed inventory of your valuable possessions, including a description of the items, date of purchase and original value.
- If you do not have renters insurance, we would recommend looking into a policy to protect you and your valuables. This also covers you in the event of a fire, flood or theft.
- Make a photographic or video record of valuable objects, heirlooms and antiques. Your insurance company can provide assistance in making and keeping your inventory.
- Be a good neighbor! If you notice anything suspicious in your building/community, call 911 immediately.
We thank you for your cooperation. Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call the office at (407)297-1500 (Pines) or (407)295-5933.